On Tuesday, 04/12/2011 at 07:03 EDT, Florian Bilek
<florian.bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a question regarding z/VM RACF protection of access to a minidisk.
>
> A LINUX guest tries to access another minidisk which is protected by a
RACF
> profile. It is not authorized to link the minidisk and the link request
fails.

> When I authorize that guest on the RACF profile the link still fails
until I
> LOGOFF/LOGON the LINUX guest. It seems that the permission list of the
profile
> remains in the storage. Maybe a stupid question but how can I refrsh the
access
> authority without recycling the LINUX guest?

RACF permissions may be in storage (RACLISTed) but they aren't in the
storage of the affected guests; they are in the RACFVM virtual machine.
Recycling some other guest has no effect on RACF permissions.

You would have to post the command you issued, the error message, and an
RLIST ALL of the relevant VMMDISK profile.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices