On Tuesday, 04/12/2011 at 12:17 EDT, "David L. Craig" <d...@radix.net>
wrote:
> Now we get to wait for the announcements of licensing and support fees
> for all the various software available for this platform.  That has
> the potential to take the bloom off the rose.

IBM is forthright in saying that the virtual servers running in the
zEnterprise BladeCenter Extension (zBX) run on PowerVM or KVM hypervisors.
 It's not another "platform" that the vendors will need to certify, and so
you should expect the same licensing model as if these were standalone
BladeCenters.

If you find that some vendor is trying to price differently on zBX, start
asking questions.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training