On Thursday, 06/09/2011 at 11:14 EDT, Mike Walter
<mike.wal...@aonhewitt.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this will be of any help, but here are the CF-related
> console messages extracted from our most recent IPL of a z/VM 5.4 system
> running in an LPAR on a z10:

You can find sample output and other information on the virtual Coupling
Facility in the Running Guest Operating Systems book.

The relevant error in this case is
> CFCC4   : HCPMFT2814E THE REQUEST TO LOAD CFCC4 FROM THE PROCESSOR
CONTROLLER
> DID NOT COMPLETE IN THE ALLOTTED TIME.

HELP HCP2814E tells you to try again, but that if it fails repeatedly to
open a PMR.

SEND won't work until the CF is loaded and ready.

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323