Kent,

and yes that is the whole reason for the Workshop

the interactive communication among the members

munson

From:   "Kent E. Taylor" <email...@stny.rr.com>
To:     IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Date:   06/27/2011 02:16 AM
Subject:        Re: Last Workshop Re: VM Workshop -  Session Grid Now
Available
Sent by:        The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

Bill, may I suggest trying to get a group rate for whatever motel that you
decide on?  You can then encourage everyone to stay there to increase
their opportunities to interact with each other.

When I went to my first few workshops I stayed in motels since GM was
paying for it.  In those days the cheapest housing was in the dorms, but I
saw no need to stay there.  But I eventually realized that many of the
sharper folks stayed in the dorms even though their employers would have
paid for a motel.  The big reason?  The bull sessions that went on until
early morning.  So I wised up and began staying in the dorms, too.

With all due respect to the sessions and to the people who speak, I found
that much of the really valuable info I got was from informal discussions
at meals, breaks, and evening bull sessions as much as at the sessions.

BTW, I haven't seen information about where and when we register, get our
name tags and polo shirts, etc,  Also, I didn't see any info on when and
where meals and snacks are available versus when we are on our own.

Thanks, Bill.  I presume the whole crew of volunteers are getting pretty
frazzled as the Workshop start gets closer.  My thanks and appreciation to
all....

Kent Taylor
4XL, NY