On Tuesday, 07/12/2011 at 11:10 EDT, James Poirier
<james.poir...@doit.nh.gov> wrote:
>  It appears that it probably is but we made no changes to affect the
LPAR id,
> also the HMC reports
> that the CPUID is 1C8262 and that is what we used to get before this
last IPL.

Then you need to contact the Support Center.  CP issues a STIDP as each
processor starts.  When you log on, a copy of the stored CPU id is copied
into your VMDBK, with the HOB set to FF.  This is your default CPU ID. It
is overridden by the CPU statement in your directory entry or the SET
CPUID command.

If the HMC reports the LPAR UPID as 01, but the STIDP instruction stored
00, that's not good.  Make sure you are looking at the image profile
(General), not the CPC Details.  (There are more digits in the CPU serial
# than are contained in the CPU ID.)  Perhaps changing the LPAR mode
caused a change in the UPID?  Though I don't know why it would....

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556