Yes,
You can use only the two chpids to connect all the partitions. Use the
Shimon doc to design all the conections.
With FICON, no need to define Chpids as CNC/CTC, all must be FC. And the
Control Units and IODEVICE can be FCTC.

"Shimon Lebowitz wrote a very nice paper on how to do this with ESCON
channels; the FICON configuration is less complicated, but Shimon covers
that discussion too. http://www.sinenomine.net/node/265";
Clovis