Alan,

I got no startup errors in the SMTP Log.

I tried the statement as you have advised:

IPMAILERADDRESS ALL 1.2.3.4

same result. See part of the log below.

I only restarted the SMTP-Server.
Should I also restart the associated TCP/IP stack ?

Kind regards
Ewald Roller

DTCRUN1022I Console log will be sent to default owner ID: TCPMAINT
DTCRUN1027I Server will use TcpipUserid TCPIP02

DTCRUN1011I Server started at 17:01:36 on 21 Jul 2011 (Thursday)
DTCRUN1011I Running server command: SMTP

DTCRUN1011I No parameters in use

=========================
=========================
================
IBM VM SMTP Level 540 on Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:01:36 UTC

Service Level                  : PK75688

Userid of SMTP Virtual Machine : SMTP02

TCP Host Name                  : ZVM02

TCP Network Domain Name        : ROLF-BENZ.DE

Gateway TCP Network to RSCS    : No

Port for Server SMTP           : 25

Mail Hop Count                 : 25

Number of files per connection : 5

Maximum connections per site   : 10
Return mail older than         : 3 days

Warn about mail older than     : 1 days

Max Length of Accepted Mail    : 524288 bytes

Max Temporary Error Retries    : Disabled

Name Resolution Method         : Nameserver, Port 53

Secondary Name Resolution      : NONE

Nameserver Address(.1.)        : a.b.c.d
Deliver via Mailer             : None
IP Mailer Address/Hostname     : 10.85.64.21
IP Mailer ALL enabled          : No