I'm not too up on zLinux because we don't have it or z/VM. But doesn't zLinux
have support for the virtual reader? Could you spool a reader file to your
zLinux instance's virtual reader and have some shell script on zLinux execute
it? Kind of like how I remember CMSBATCH working back when I ran VM/370 (yes,
that long ago).

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV