Just a thought..   You could have a TIMES entry on VMUTIL that wakes up each
minute and does nothing.. (or something simple like Q TIME) --   the
timestamp of the TIMES file could be checked by AUDITOR -- if it hasn't been
updated in the last minute - then suspect it is down and recycle.

Scott Rohling