We're trying to add additional storage to some of our zVM LPARs without

IPLing the system.  According to the zVM CP Commands manual for zVM 6.1 t
he
Q STOR command should show STANDBY storage.  And Standby storage is defin
ed
as.

Standby storage is a calculated value based on the amount of installed

storage that is not currently claimed by active logical partitions and th
reserved storage specified for the logical partition in which z/VM is
running.

We deactivated our LPAR and removed 5 GB from the configuration,
reactivated the LPAR and reIPLed.  The Q STOR command still shows 0GB of

standby storage.  We have additional storage installed on the box above t
he
5 GB we just freed up.

q stor

STORAGE = 2G CONFIGURED = 2G INC = 256M STANDBY = 0  RESERVED =
 0
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 09:52:45

Anyone have any idea what we might be doing
wrong ?