:
> Anyone have any idea what we might be doing
> wrong ?

You need to change the LPAR image profile to have some amount of storage
defined as "reserved".  If you don't do that, the LPAR can't see the
unused memory on the box.   So make that change, then repeat the
deactivation/reactivation sequence.  Note that you can set the "Reserved"
value to a maximum value, even if all that memory isn't on the box.  Then
you can specify how much of that "reserved" memory CP will bring online.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556