--- Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can think of a couple of ways to vastly streamline
> those "strict" rules:
> ban all boots, and encourage barefoot.  If a
> "breeding" horse needs
> "protective" boots and/or shoes, IMO, he/she already
> has two strikes against
> him/her as a breeding animal.  This would not only
> streamline the adherence
> to rules, but it would also weed out many weak or
> manipulated horses.
> That's a win-win.

I think the original comment was that the rules didn't
seem so complicated that any normal farrier would not
be able to comply with it, I think I was wondering why
an Icelandic farrier would have to do it?

I agree with changing the shoeing rules. I wonder what
would happen if they streamlined the shoeing rules,
and allowed barefoot horses, banning that doesn't make
any sense to me.

Kim