>> If someone talks about sobreandando or corto or llano, I understand what
> they are saying, and so does just about everyone on the gaitedhorse list.
> If they don't understand, they ask, and are willing to learn.  If someone
> else comes back and refers to a sobreandando as "stepping pace", pretty much
> all of us understand it's the same gait.  No one makes a big stink about
> using the foreign versus the english term.

Still having a hard time with the 'what gait' pictures and used my 10%
discount coupon at TSC as an excuse to buy Lee Zigler's book.
Flipping thru the pages one of the first pages I found was appendix B,
page 239, Names of gaits.  It shows that stepping pace in Iceland is
called the Skeith tolt, the Running walk is called either the
Flugskref tolt or the Hlanpandc fetgangur tolt, Saddle Rack/Rack is
called Tolt/Hreina tolt, the Foxtrot is callted the Draf tolt/Brokk
tolt.  Interesting.

Anna