From: "Nancy Sturm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I would be pretty happy to call this horse round.  In this photo, even
> though Stormur is moving in a very lateral way, he's stepping well under
> himself.

I agree!

> In my experience, perfection is hard to come by.  If Hunter, the TWH, ever
> EVER moved this way  (even at liberty) I'd throw a party.  Because he is
> primarily a racking horse, he is usually ventroflexed.  Because of my
> dressage background, it always seems wrong to me.  I breathe a sigh of
> relief when he drops his head and really steps up under himself at the
> flat
> walk.

I think a lot of people in my area, which has a large dressage and
hunter/jumper population, are very put off by the typical gaited horse
appearance.

One lady emailed me several years ago, after Stormur's picture appeared on
the cover of the USIHC Quarterly Journal, that he was the reason that she
decided to get an Icey.   She hated the high headed, stiff necked, hollow
backed look often seen, but after seeing Stormur's picture, she realized
that they weren't all like that!  He has been a great ambassador for the
breed in the Northeast!

Mary
Sand Lake, NY