>>> They would equate pacyness with how deeply ingrained it is as a primary
>>> intermediate gait and not how uncomfortable it is to ride.

 I tend not to believe the "ingrained" part as much as some people do.  I do
believe that habit and muscle memory are factors, but I also suspect that, many
times it's simply easier to say it's "ingrained" than to keep looking for a
cause.  Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that some horses have conformation
leading them to pace, and may be pacey no matter what...but it takes time to do
the investigating and exercises to work on improving it, and I suspect many
people don't want to be bothered.  (I'm thinking of one really pacey horse in
the area who I'd bet money simply needs a saddle that fits.)  Anyway, I think
it's a multi-faceted problem that needs to be addressed in detail on an
individual basis.  You've probably noticed by now that I'm not the kind of
person to accept "ingrained" as sufficiently detailed...:)

Karen
Karen Thomas
Wingate, NC

Checked by AVG Free Edition.