I have never thought it did.  I use the same farrier for my TWH, my
Standardbred and  my Icelandics that we've use for all the endurance horses.
I love it if I can have Hunter shod about one week before a competition.  He
just floats over the trails.  He's a little less floaty when his feet begin
to grow out, making me wonder about the  show ring tradition of long feet on
TWH's.  They must never go in the mountains.

This farrier is  quite, a character, by the way.  Very tall and lean, long
LONG pony tail.  He lives with his wife and little girl off the grid in a
very rural area and sometimes shows up at rides wearing just a loin cloth.
Avert eyes time for me.

Nancy