-----Original Message-----
From: IceHorses@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Mic Rushen
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 12:29 PM
To: IceHorses@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IceHorses] What Are They Applauding?!?!

Video is different, but I think DVD is the same providing you have a
fairly modern DVD player.

Mic

You need to check and ensure they are not zone encoded. The DVD
manufacturers have a system so some commercial DVDs only work in certain
parts of the world. It is my understanding that the DVD players are often
only capable of playing DVDs designed for the same countries or regions. You
can get machines that can defeat this encoding and play any DVD(often more
expensive). I think they are referred to as universal players.

Phil

Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty
Vernon BC Canada