On 9/18/07, Mic Rushen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:54:08 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >a fino on the trail would be about
> >as much fun as the flying pace i would think
>
> Flying pace on the trail is a blast. We have this huge stubble field
> near us and there's nothing more fun than whizzing up it on Skessa at
> 90mph (if not more).

if you did a flying pace on one of our wooded trails you would have no
knees at the end :)  There is this one trail I love tho, just
beautiful, in and out cypress trees along a swamp, steadily uphill,
when I rode with fast gaited horses on Jaspar he would canter, it was
rhythmic and so fun!  Oh gosh I love it.  He would skid into hairpin
turns around trees and start banking to go into the next turn.  like a
dancer.  Then stonewall, racking like a nut, just flying, whacking me
on every other tree, then on a hairpin catching my knee/leg and
ripping it up onto his butt, ripping the knee outa my pants, scraping
my leg raw from above the knee almost to ankle.  He has gotten better
but I have found some horses have a better "sense" of how wide they
actually are than others.  Our Fox for instance, is humungous.  he
weighs 1300 pounds on tape.  Even green as can be, his first time, he
never, has never whacked me into a tree.  Tivar will scrape me into a
tree only when aggravated he cant be first, the lead horse on the
ride.  If first, gee, he never hits a tree once... :)  then when I
figure it out and start scolding, gee, he is good all of a sudden.
Janice.--
yipie tie yie yo