I don't think these quotes are exactly what Judy had in mind when she
mentioned this - I think she was looking for stuff to generate more
discussion - but I have collected them over the years so I thought
everyone (or some) might enjoy them.

SO  ---

"Take most people, they're crazy about cars.  I'd rather have a goddam
horse.  A horse is at least human, for godsake"  -  Holden Caulifield,
in JD Salingers's The Catcher in the Rye

"Horses change lives. They give our young people confidence and self
esteem.  They provide peace and tranquility to troubled souls - they
give us hope"  -  Toni Robinson

--
Laree

What a horse does under compulsion is done without understanding,
and there is no beauty in it either, any more than if one should
whip or spur a dancer.

-Xenophon