> not putting up fence alleyways or corridors to move from one field to
> the other

I LOVE my alley way connecting my four paddocks to the winter pasture.
Someone told me I should take it out it was a waste of room. No way!

The paddocks all open into the alley which also gives a backup enclosure in
case a gate gets incorrectly closed, etc.

Once I came home from a trip to see the farm sitter couldn't figure out how
to latch the gate so had just wrapped the chain around the post! #&@!! I had
extra clasps on the end of chains, lead ropes she could have used to tied
the gate shut, etc.

Needless to say I was thankful my alley was there. Still I hate to leave my
horses in the care of others!

Cheryl

Sand Creek Icelandics
Icelandic Horses & Icelandic Sheepdogs