but, wouldn't you know it, we were packing to leave on vacation.
> Our departure got delayed while Cary ran to the lumber store to pick
up four
> new 2x6's - while we were dreaming of relaxing on the beach!  We
always have
> kept enough boards on hand to repair a full section of fence since
then.

Ooo, I hate this! A similar thing happened to us; we were leaving to
fly to Florida one year in early May. We had 8" of snow the night
before, and it literally collapsed our push-in post fence that divided
the pasture! The posts (plastic) were bent back over themselves, and I
was out at 5:30 in the am fixing them before we left. Thank goodness
the housesitter was able to finish the fence fixing later that am.

Robyn S