On 11/5/07, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> always together--they may interact a bit with the 'big' horses once in a
> while, but most of the time you see them together.
>

> I think the idea that Icelandic's only want to hang with other Icelandic's
> is WAY over-played.  I

I don't know, Karen, I do think there is something to this.  My Arab
was always glad to see other Arabs, more so than other breeds and
Doppa was in a mixed breed herd before I got her and the horse she was
closest to was another Icelandic that she had never seen before.  I
certainly don't think they "have" to have another Icelandic in the
herd to be happy but I do think, in most cases,  they prefer another
Icelandic if they have a choice - maybe it's because they are most
likely to have the same personality.  I have seen this in the Arabs,
also.  And I'm sure many of us have heard that horses seem drawn to
other horses that are the color of their mother.

--
Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura

"When you're young and you fall off a horse, you may break something.
When you're my age and you fall off, you splatter" - Roy Rogers