>>> Lucky lucky horse to come to live with you.  I don't "get" the horse in a
>>> stall thing.  A friend, Amber of the Amber Adventures, went to visit the TWH
that was Hunter's sire.  He apparently never left his stall - the owner
wouldn't bring him out - and he was knee-deep in manure.

It's sad that's the way it is for a lot of stallions.  My farrier bred QH for
probably 30+ years.  He lost his favorite old stallion about 2-3 years ago -
the stallion was 34.  He lived outside his whole life, and even at the end he
lived with one of his old favorite broodmares, who was no longer cycling.  He
alternately lived with some young stallions, the pregnant mares he'd bred, or
with some geldings.  When I brought Melnir home, he gave me a serious lecture
about how I should NEVER let the "stallion cycle" begin with Melnir.  Any horse
who is kept up in a stall for extended periods will go a little "stir crazy" -
just like we might, if we're forced to stay inside for a period of bad weather.
 If you add the pent-up energy to a stallion who will inevitably have seasonal
hormonal surges, and then who is often only brought out to have sex, and it
becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.  The stallion WILL be unruly and hard to
handle.  Once it gets to that point, it's harder to break the cycle - not
impossible, but not without some danger.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:22 PM