On 11/13/07, Nancy  Sturm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Lucky lucky horse to come to live with you.  I don't "get" the horse in a
> stall thing.  A friend, Amber of the Amber Adventures, went to visit the TWH
> that was Hunter's sire.  He apparently never left his stall - the owner
> wouldn't bring him out - and he was knee-deep in manure.

At a barn where I boarded the Barn owner had a foal born that she kept
in a stall for the first year of it's life - never turned out even in
a paddock.  She had a foal the year before that had broken its leg in
the pasture so she thought the stall thing was the way to keep it
safe.  I did everything I could to convince her to get that baby out
of the stall but was never successful - it just killed me.

--
Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura

"Yet when all the books have been read and reread, it boils down to
the horse, his human companion, and what goes on between them."  -
William Farley