On 11/17/07 5:56 PM, "Lorraine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Is Scooter an import?
>>

> He is supposed to be. I have no papers but he was
> advertised as imported.
>
>   Lorraine

So I would guess that he is probably not really bolting but thinks that
speed is what is wanted. I had an import from Iceland who would take off
like a bat our of hell the minute you got on; she was also very sensitive to
having her sides touched. I finally concluded that she was trained to do
that in Iceland and that if she did not go and go fast right away, she got
hit with a whip.

So I rode her in a confined space and praised her for going slow. It took a
while but she finally understood that speed is not always wanted.

Anneliese