Everyone on the
> Tally-Ho wagons was very nice but I do know what you mean about snooty.
> I found it more amongst the younger riders.  The older ones were very warm.

I'm not sure how this group is, but the one time I rode with the hunt,
I really thought I was going to die - what a group of wild people!
Luckily I was riding an old campaigner that someone had lent me so he
knew just what to do and how to keep us safe but there were people
falling off left and right and they seemed to think that was normal.
They had at least 3-4 people break bones sometime each season.  Of
course, this was all heightened by the fact that flasks were
generously used (I have nothing against alcohol, but never when I'm
getting on a horse) and several of these folks didn't know anything
about horses - just kept them so they could enjoy the social aspects
of the Hunt Club. It was one of the wildest experiences of my riding
career - not one I repeated.  I found out later this was their
toughest course - biggest jumps and steep, slippery down hills and
lots of hairpin turns on narrow wooded paths at full tilt. I just
turned it over to my horse and he brought me home in one piece.
--
Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura

"Yet when all the books have been read and reread, it boils down to
the horse, his human companion, and what goes on between them."  -
William Farley