Actually, Mic:

There is a German girl (about 25) who just contacted me. I'll send you her
e-mail address tomorrow; I am too pooped right now.

I just found out that none of my five mares, who stood for Melnir as if in
heat, is pregnant.  Karen called it "false heat". I have never had any
experience with that. With all the breeding I have done, this concept is
entirely new to me. A standing heat (which is what the mares seemed to show)
to me meant close to ovulation.

Well we learn something new every day. I would appreciate input from anyone
with experience with this. This is a hard learning experience. I was
expecting up to five foals and there will be none.

Anneliese

--
Anneliese Virro
UNICORN VALLEY ICELANDICS