> Icelandic trainer is different in their approach to the horses and to
> problem solving and training issues.  Just like the trainers here
> differ...

While I think that may be true, I think it may not mean the same when the
bigger picture is looked at.

For instance, from my place, in a 50 mile radius, I would have the choice of
many different types of training:  all the different natural type training
such as John Lyons, Parelli, Clinton Anderson, etc., all the different
western style training, all the different dressage, english, racing, team
sports, gaited, etc.

Say we put the different styles of training on a rainbow scale:  access to
all the colors (styles of training) of the rainbow can be had in a
relatively small geographical area.

Natural horsemanship trainers differ in their training; it's not all exactly
the same.   We could give NH the color of red.

Same with dressage, classical dressage, english, etc.  We could give
dressage the color of purple.

Each style / type of training would be a color in the rainbow, which morphs
into a different color.

The icelandic-style training would be one color, and have variations, going
to each side on the color line.  Say icelandic-style training was the color
green.   The variations might bleed a little into blue or yellow, but
basically it stays about in the same area and doesn't reach a full rainbow
of colors.

Judy
http://icehorses.net
http://clickryder.com