Hi Judy,
>>>For instance, from my place, in a 50 mile radius, I would have the choice
of many different types of training:  all the different natural type
training such as John Lyons, Parelli, Clinton Anderson, etc., all the
different western style training, all the different dressage, english,
racing, team sports, gaited, etc.

Have you gone and watched many of these trainers train?  Years ago I wrote
an article about choosing a trainer and watching them train was one of the
suggestions.

Robyn
Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty
Vernon BC Canada
www.icefarm.com

While I think that may be true, I think it may not mean the same when the
bigger picture is looked at.

Say we put the different styles of training on a rainbow scale:  access to
all the colors (styles of training) of the rainbow can be had in a
relatively small geographical area.

Natural horsemanship trainers differ in their training; it's not all exactly

the same.   We could give NH the color of red.

Same with dressage, classical dressage, english, etc.  We could give
dressage the color of purple.

Each style / type of training would be a color in the rainbow, which morphs
into a different color.

The icelandic-style training would be one color, and have variations, going
to each side on the color line.  Say icelandic-style training was the color
green.   The variations might bleed a little into blue or yellow, but
basically it stays about in the same area and doesn't reach a full rainbow
of colors.

Judy
http://icehorses.net
http://clickryder.com

IceHorses Community for Photos and Videos:  http://kickapps.com/icehorses

"The greatest enemy of the truth very often is not the lie- deliberate,
contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic."

"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

[] Lee Ziegler  http://leeziegler.com
[] Liz Graves  http://lizgraves.com
[] Lee's Book  Easy Gaited Horses http://tinyurl.com/7vyjo
[] IceHorses Map  http://www.frappr.com/IceHorses