> For those who use bits with their IceHorses, which bit do you use, which
> bits seem to fit the interior structure of the Icelandic's mouth (without
> relying on a noseband to keep the mouth closed).
>

> Judy

Hi

I use a Myler.  It is a snaffle with two joints that operate independantly
of one another (so if you pick up the right rein, the left side of the mouth
doesn't feel it (much).  The mouth piece is sweet iron with copper inlay.
The mouth piece has a slight curve to offer some tongue relief but not so
much that it pushes on the roof of her mouth.   D ring (I don't like loose
ring snaffles as they often pinch the corners of the horse's mouth -  have
never had one but have seen it happen too many times in other peoples'
horses mouths).  Drifa seems quite happy with it.

Penny