> I use a Myler.  It is a snaffle with two joints that operate independantly
> of one another (so if you pick up the right rein, the left side of the
> mouth
> doesn't feel it (much).  The mouth piece is sweet iron with copper inlay.
> The mouth piece has a slight curve to offer some tongue relief but not so
> much that it pushes on the roof of her mouth.   D ring (I don't like loose
> ring snaffles as they often pinch the corners of the horse's mouth -  have
> never had one but have seen it happen too many times in other peoples'
> horses mouths).  Drifa seems quite happy with it.
>
> Penny

P.S,  I don't use a noseband.  If I did, I would use a cavesson and not a
dropped nose band.  In my opinion, it is too easy to get the dropped
noseband too tight and thus prevent them from relaxing their jaws and
opening their mouths, and also cut off some of their nostril flaring
capacity.  I want my horse to ba able to open her mouth if I am getting too
heavy handed - useful feedback for me.

Penny