We had a dog, in the past, who was kicked by a horse and dropped dead at my
feet, so the dogs are not allowed in with the horses.

Beau, the multi-colored dog is ours and generally never bothers with the
horses, but Junior, the tan dog, belongs to our daughter and is visiting.
He's the instigator and doesn't know that the horses could kill him in an
instant.

Cookie doesn't pay any attention to the dogs, but Charm is young and easily
influenced, I guess.  I suspect in a few years she won't bother noticing
them.

Judy
http://icehorses.net
http://clickryder.com