> We had a dog, in the past, who was kicked by a horse and dropped dead at my >
> feet, so the dogs are not allowed in with the horses.Charm is young and
> easily > influenced, I guess. I suspect in a few years she won't bother
> noticing > them.

I am sorry to hear that about one of your dogs, but I am sure it was by
accident, as horses kick eachother all the time and don't think a thing about
it, well maybe not all the time but they certainly endure most contact without
much ill effect. I do hope your little mare is playful well into her adult
life, as it does make for more entertainment when you aren't able to ride. I
never see my older mare play and my youngest one is such a loner in the fields,
she will come running to play with me but sadly none of the horses. She usually
stands with my draft gelding in the field if she has to have company but that
is only when she is in season, not anyother time. My gelding, well he is such a
hoot that I will never be bored with him. He is always playing or eating, not
much down time for him. I rode him with some friends yesterday and he was in a
mood to race and kept trying to get opportunities to bump into the other horses
rear sides and take off. He even squeeled once when he wanted to get the other
horse going. He hates to go in quarter horse walks on the trail and I love it.
I know one day he will get older and feel more like me with the social and
visual part being more fun on the ride than the yahoo part of it. He is 9 and
still acts like my teenage boys.