Hi Jeanette,
>>Wanda, I see what I think is a wonder bit in his mouth, no chin strap
which is surprising so I am not sure what you are saying about all the
hardware

I think it is the gag effect that Wanda is commenting about.  I think Janice
sent us a photo with her horse? Using a wonderbit ??

For me it is about how the bit is used - I personally don't like using a
shanked bit without the top rein attached which would allow a way of
balancing the horse instead of pressure or no pressure and then the bottom
rein can just be slack.  I have not seen them used with a curb strap.

Robyn

Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty
Vernon BC Canada