If you think euthanasia at public facilities is guaranteed to be "humane",
you obviously haven't seen some of the horrible reports I've seen of
mal-functioning gas chambers, overcrowded cages in the public animal
shelters, etc.  In fact, my daughter used to work in a vet's office, and
even in the best of cases, with experienced, well-qualified vets, euthanasia
can sometimes go awry.  She came out of that experience with the knowledge
that shooting an animal is often quicker and more painless than
"euthanasia."  We still elect to have our old pets put down by the vet...but
that's more for our emotional weakness of the moment than for the experience
of the dogs.  WE can't bear the idea of shooting a beloved pet.  If we were
to be honest about what was in their best interest, we'd probably have the
dog face the other way and pull the trigger ourselves - while the animal was
happy in the comfort of familiar surroundings.

Give me a break, Maria.  Get your facts straight before you go off on your
lectures...I'm sure that most of the active participants on this list are
just as active in animal welfare as you are.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:04 PM