I couldn't understand any of the narative, so perhaps the narrator was
discussing how very far they'd come with a very difficult horse.  Of all the
trainer's horses go like this, then I'd guess he's pretty agressive in his
training techniques.

I thought the rider had a lovely seat and somewhat unforgiving hands.  They
seem to be using a type of draw rein, which I have always thought was a
mechanical shortcut to patient training.  I do know some trainers that I
respect (Bev for one) who use this type of training tool with some horses.

The horse is very "forward" and energetic and sometimes a little unhappy in
his mouth, but he has happy ears and he never rings his tail once, so I'd
guess he's not totally unhappy in his work.

Glad I don't have to ride him.

Nancy