ยท         For every 100 girls diagnosed with a special education
disability, 217 boys are diagnosed with a special education
disability.

This is certainly true in our experience.  We have four adopted children
with disabilities.  Three are in special ed and the majority of the students
in their classes have been boys.  We have three girls and one boy, but that
came about primarily because of our bedrooma rrangement.  The foster care
system rightly require that non-siblings not share bedrooms with kids of the
opposite sex, so they only send us girls.  They did call about a little boy
with cerebral palsy the other day.  It's like any other kind of rescue.
Very VERY tempting, but we are pretty much out of space.

My sister taught special ed in Louisianna.  She had all boy classes.  She
also taught classes for severely emotionally disturbed kids - again,
primarily boys in class.

Nancy