i was thinking recently, when i am at my most desperate, it seems like
no one will help me for anything!  I cant be charming or attractive, I
am clutching and desperate and ugly and it turns people off and makes
them want to turn away.  I thought about that, and the homeless people
I have thought were disgusting, smelly, mean and evil looking.  I have
always felt I was meant to help animals and not humans because of
these feelings.  Now I have had a window open and see how the most
unattractive, ugly, disgusting people are the ones who need and
deserve my help the most!!

Also for you who adopt children with special needs...  it ocurred to
me on my walk in the woods, a glorious walk, that my friend ruth with
MS can only go for a "walk" in the woods on her horse and that is
probably why she rides almost every day.  She never told me that, I
finally figured it out on my own :)

I am trying to be more accepting of others.  I always LOOK for the
hidden good in animals that are misbehaving.  But I had a handicapped
brother who abused me and that is something hard to get around.  I
think people like my friend ruth, loving, sane, wholesome handicapped
people, are sent to help me heal and change and grow on my spiritual
journey.
janice

--
courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway--John Wayne