my horses that have ever had something accidentally slip under the
tail always had a hissy fit about it!  So i take it that getting a
horse to accept one would be a hassle in itself!  I always just grab
mane real tight going uphill aned lean back a liottle going down...
and also, I always used a breastcollar loose, I was afraid of rubbing.
 But at the Liz clinic karen and Liz said my breast collar was useless
and way too big for Teev and helped me adjust it.  i was surprised it
was so snug!  But it doesnt rub him and man, it sure does stabilize my
saddle!  I have no probs at all mounting or dismounting now!  and I
have ALWAYS had probs with treeless saddles because of 1.  my weight
and 2.  my gimpiness where I have to wallow up and down so clumsy
instead of a lithe swing up.  Instead of having my weight in one
stirrup briefly its there a longer time, so long it allows gravity and
my weight to really tug things.  And I always use a mounting block.
In fact I use a step stool AND a block of wood on the top step so I
can just swing my leg over and not put any weight at all if at all
possible.  When dismounting I put weight in one stirrup, lay across
the horse, remove foot and drop to the ground.
Janice
--
even good horses have bad days sometimes.