>>  The last time I checked a crupper and a breast collar were two
different things

Correct. Breast collar attaches to the front of your saddle, crupper
at the rear. Neither shoyld be used to stablize a saddle!

They are there...as security measures...should your saddle start to
slide going up or down a grade, or a breast collar....should your
girth break, it will prevent the saddle from ending up under a horse's
stomach.

IMHO...iIf you need a breast collar or crupper to stablize a saddle
for mounting or riding, then you need to find a saddle that fit your
horse.

Raven
Lucy & Molly, the Girl Doggies
Huginn & Dixie Chick, the Back Behind the Barn Ponies
Maggie Rose, the cat who makes me sneeze
http://www.myspace.com/iceponygoddess
Respect ALL Earthlings. We are all animals of this planet. We are all creatures.