Karen, have you read the book, the track is a continuous oval, I think
Jammie suggests that it be even narrower then 20, I like 20, I like
having the narrow areas too... they MOVE.. which is what you want them
to do... It took my Hubby a little while to get his mind around it
too... in the areas you want them to hang out, then you can have that
area wider, your area sounds more like a dead end, you do need Dead
ends to be wider...

--

I and my horses love our track system!!!
http://picasaweb.google.com/dakota.charm/TrackSystem