Thanks John for the input.

Can you elaborate as to what Dana had you do to avoid the skin problems?   What
was the culprit?     Do you use your Dixie Midnight with the Sensation?   (I
use a Dixie Midnight, then a Saddleright pad, then the Sensation, and I have
one of Dana's girths).     I don't ride enough (especially in the last two
years) to have any problems with my Sensation other than my own body position
in it, but I'd like to know what your experience was in remedying what you had
going on.    (Did you have any trouble with the hard use stirrup configuration
at all?   Or do you use your saddle rigged like a regular saddle?)

  > Aside from my experience with the Sensation, I have also ridden thousands
of
> miles in both treed and flex panel saddles, all on Icelandics.

Do you tend to switch saddles between rides, or stick to one saddle for the
season per horse?   Just curious.

   > I must  not  be as smart as everybody else on this list because I just
can't make snap   judgments from limited experience.<

Yikes . . . Since you addressed  this post to me, can I assume the above is
directed at me as well?   I don't think I'm making snap judgements -- I haven't
ruled out buying another treeless for a second saddle --  just trying to glean
from other's experience and investigation and learning what else is out there
that may work as well.

When you get more time, I hope you will expound on your post.

-- Renee M. in Michigan