On 3/13/08, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> (Tivar and Sina are two noteworthy exceptions, bless their honest and direct
> souls.)
>

> Karen Thomas, NC

oh man, Tivar is beginning to scare me with his "look in the eye"
communications!  I aint kiddin at all.  He will give me the hardest
mean look when he is aggravated.  A forthright stare when he is trying
to tell me something, a sheepish look when he has been petulant, and
often, a look of pure desperation when he is trying to say "pay
ATTENTION this is IMPORTANT" like he gets very frustrated that he cant
speak.  He has started doing this whole bizarre violent nasty behavior
when I bring in the herd from turnout.  He barrels in trying to get to
the gate first, knowing the set up is such that it is just gonna cause
problems.  Then when the others get there he whirls and thunders
around chasing everybody, acting like a nut.  It took forever but I
finally figured it out one day when I got everyone in, the gates
closed, and was about to walk away when he licked and chewed and
looked me directly in the eye like "its been really hard but I got
them all in and sorted out for you so you could hurry and feed us".
Theres nothing anyone can say would make me believe he wasnt saying
that.  it was as if he said it aloud.  Then i started paying
attention, and see he has this whole elaborate herding method of
getting everyone in, altho on the surface it looks like he is picking
fights.  Ironically the only ones who wont do what he says are nasi
and the donkey.  and oh, he gets so mad at them!
janice--
even good horses have bad days sometimes.