On Mar 13, 2008, at 2:28 PM, Janice McDonald wrote:

here is a video of gait.  I have actually ridden on trail rides with
horses doing this for over four hours.  I swear I am not exaggerating.
 in 90 degree heat.  and this is the gait I was talking about when I
said it was rude to come onto a metal bridge with a horse doing this
gait wearing shoes.  Tivar is rock solid but he nearly did one of
those performing horse tricks where you dive off a tower into a
swimming pool when this happened.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/paso-largo-farmand39s-paso-fino- stallion-pastor-del-juncal/171553706

Despite them calling themselves Paso Largo Farm that stallion is doing a classical fino, or fino-fino gait (and not that well IMO -- there should be more hock action and the timing should be absolutely isochronal 4-beat). The fino-fino is generally a show ring gait, but it's kind of built into the horse genetically -- can't get a fino-fino horse to have the reach and extension that a largo horse has, which is still less reach and extension than the average Peruvian has.

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/
http://www.dslextreme.com/~napha/HighPoint/