On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >>>
> http://video.aol.com/video-detail/paso-largo-farmand39s-paso-fino-stallion-pastor-del-juncal/171553706
>

> I simply do not understand the fino gait.  What a waste of energy.   They
> don't make any more forward progress than a show type western pleasure
> horse, but look at the difference in energy expended.  Duh.
>

> Karen Thomas, NC

it is my understanding from talking to these people Karen that the
fino is a natural gait and if you want a good trail horse you should
buy one that doesnt do it.  (like flying pace in my opinion) The barn
in the video is the home of El Pastor I think, and El Pastor is one of
the most famous of all the paso fino foundation studs, the sire of the
horse in the video and so famous there is a breyer horse of him.  SO
from that I would gather it is a desirable gait in the breed, fino,
hello, paso "fino"??
Janice

--
even good horses have bad days sometimes.