--- Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And the immunity periods DO vary for one vaccination versus
> another.  Kids
> get vaccinated for chicken pox and measles when they are preschool,
> and
> basically, they are vaccinated for life.

Karen, certainley not trying to get into a disagreement with you.  we
do this with our herd.  They have lots of room Our place (27 acres,
and our broodmare/baby pasture 2000 acres)  Also, it helps
tremendously that Sally is a Doctor.  She has years of medical
background in vaccines and studies vet journals and all kinds of
stuff that bores me to death...so our situation is unique.

 So, saying that "once your body or a horses has
> made
> antibodies for the virus, it stays in the body much much longer
> than the
> drug companies want you to know" isn't telling the full story.

Never said it was the full story.  But I disagree that horses need
all their shots every year, and that the shots need to be given in
one or 2 shots in 1 visit.  Thats only good for the vet, not the
horse.

Skye

   tropicaltreks.com  808-443-6085
   Fire Island Professional Farrier Service-640-6080