Karen Wrote>

  When I was a kid, the "rule" was that people took
> tetanus
> vaccines once a year if you had any exposure, cuts, etc.   Then,
> somewhere
> along the line, they changed the recommendation to once every 10
> years.
> Not it's back down, maybe to 5 years, I believe?

There is a test you can take that will tell you if you have the
antibodies for any given thing, it is called a Titer test.
Remarkably an easy test to tell if you or an animal needs the
vaccines.  However, there is no money for the drug companies to make
if people/animals start taking Titer test for the antibodies.  So the
cost of the Titer is more than if you just take the vaccine itself.
Sometimes it is not the actual vaccine that is the problem but what
the drug companies dilute it with, the 'suspension' fluid.

If there is no money to be made from it, you bet it it is not an
easy, well known option.

While we are talking about this, just remember the quote at the
bottom of each and every page.......

Skye

Who just got back from a wonderful day of trail riding in the
southern most part of the United States, South Point,
KaLae...absolutley beautiful!

   tropicaltreks.com  808-443-6085
   Fire Island Professional Farrier Service-640-6080