> The fundamental flaw of Natural Horsemanship (in my humble opionion) is
> that it uses movement as punishment.

I don't use any type of natural horsemanship that uses movement as
punishment.

Maybe it's Monty Roberts' method, but not what I would use or endorse, and not
what we talk about on this list as NH.

>> Movement is the core of the horses being. I want mine to move with grace
>> and joy.

Me, too!  ... the freedom to use their bodies, with saddles that allow for
natural movement, with tack that does not restrict or hurt them.

>>> classical training and gait training for these guys is all they need.

I don't know of anyone doing classical training with Icelandics.

Gait training is good, hopefully natural gait training!

Do you have any new pictures of Baldur?  any video?

Judy
http://iceryder.net
http://clickryder.com