> I don't know of anyone doing classical training with Icelandics.
> Do you have any new pictures of Baldur?  any video?

Classical training is now being done in Iceland. All it is is the
beginning of dressage training. Classical dressage (NOT the
competition stuff) is designed to build the horses muscles in a way
that will keep them sound. The first step is usually to straighten the
horse. This is important in all breeds. It is crucial in Icelandics.
Get them straight and balance becomes easy. Given a balanced rider, it
becomes a simple matter of riding the horses in specific (simple)
patterns. They start feeling great and love it. If you can put 20
minutes a day on them three to five times a week you will have a very
fit, balanced horse fast.

My horses (an Andalusian and a Friesian to go with the Icey) all come
running when they see me wanting to be first. Make it fun and they
will LOVE training.

Sorry I didn't trim other posts. I had to log onto the club site to
trim them. They don't show when I reply from the digest.

Gail