>>>Another thing to consider for those for whom NH works is to
> get PAST the tiny circles at any gait as fast as possible. Those are
> very bad for the horse's muscluture and long-term soundness.

Yes, that is definitely something that we do not use or support, and that
has been known in the gaited horse world for a long time.

I don't think many people on our list "lunge" their horses per se, or round pen
them.  We have a round pen, but it's more of a "play pen"; it's not for running
the horses around.

In PNH, if you circle a horse, you do it just a couple of times, twice
around, end.

The more we all get educated in equine biomechanics and anatomy, the better
and easier things will be for us and the horses.

It helps to understand; knowing the information makes it easier to realize
the negative aspects of icetolts.

Judy
http://iceryder.net
http://clickryder.com